2017 Indian Motorcycle ROADMASTER CLASSIC TWO TONE
Whether it’s Route 66 or Main Street, you’ll get your kicks on the new Indian® Roadmaster® Classic. Genuine leather saddlebags and trunk give this American touring motorcycle a distinctive vintage style guaranteed to turn heads and make friends. It also has all the technology and comforts you’d expect from a Roadmaster®, like the RIDE COMMAND™ infotainment system, power windshield and heated seats and grips. Welcome to Americana 2.0.
- Heritage-Inspired Powerplant: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful engine offering premium performance, as well as legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Outstanding Steering Geometry: The steering geometry of the Roadmaster® Classic was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- 33 Gallons of Leather Wrapped Storage: Take the long way around. The Indian® Roadmaster® Classic offers 33 gallons of cargo space. The quick-release leather-wrapped trunk fits two full face helmets.
- Genuine Leather Saddlebags: These distinctive leather saddlebags were custom-designed to match the iconic look of the Roadmaster® Classic. These touring bags feature adjustable metal buckles and leather fringe.
- Chrome Headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle®, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS Braking: With ABS braking, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake with control in any situation.
- Pathfinder LED head and driving lights: As if the Roadmaster® Classic wasn't already attention-grabbing enough, it also includes LED lighting from end to end, illuminating the road for safer riding, day or night.
- Design Inspiration: To design this fairing, our team looked for inspiration outside of the motorcycle industry. They landed on the sleek and powerful streamliner locomotives of the 1950s. With these classically styled machines as their guide, a new icon for Indian Motorcycle® was born.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate effortlessly with power to spare in every gear.
- Passenger Adjustable Floorboards: Perfect for the open road, these spacious, adjustable floorboards provide room to move your feet and legs, for all-day comfort on even the longest rides.
- Desert Tan Leather Seat: A plush, leather two-up seat delivers long-riding comfort, with independent heat controls for you and your passenger.
- Power Adjustable Windshield: With a push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Premium Concert Audio: The Indian® Roadmaster® Classic features a 100-watt premium audio system delivering quality sound from high-output fairing speakers. Smartphones and other sources can be connected via USB cable or Bluetooth.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed cruising when the open road beckons.
- Heated Handgrips: These warming grips can shake off even Old Man Winter. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- The Indian Motorcycle® RIDE COMMAND™ System: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves. Through this industry-leading seven-inch display, you can get turn-by-turn directions. Quickly find points of interest. Play Bluetooth® audio. Check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: The Roadmaster® Classic’s cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling. There’s minimal frame flex at speed in the corners, and you'll experience confidence-inspiring stability on highway, where it matters most.
- Custom Teardrop Badge: The Roadmaster® Classic is loaded with chrome accents such as this new teardrop tank badge inspired by Indian Motorcycles® of yesteryear.
- Genuine Leather Trunk: The distinctive genuine leather trunk was custom-designed to match the iconic look of the Roadmaster® Classic. With a capacity of over 16 gallons the genuine leather trunk can hold two full face helmets with room to spare. Convenient access to your smaller items is available in the top trunk pocket.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs (161.6 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-Over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.5 in. (673 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Overall Height: 58.7 in. (1491 mm)
- Overall Length: 103.5 in. (2630 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (628 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 864 lb. / 896 lb. (392 kg /406 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Indian Motorcycle ® Red over Ivory Cream, Willow Green over Ivory Cream
- Lights: Pathfinder LED Lights (headlight, fog lights, turn signals, tail light, and headdress fender light).
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or Km/H unit designation.
- Ride Command™: 7" Touchscreen including Map/Navigation; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset.
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Highway Bar; Keyless Start; Horizon Power Shield; Desert Tan Genuine Leather Seats; Desert Tan Genuine Leather Saddle Bags; Desert Tan Genuine Leather Trunk; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 100 Watt Stero with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband; Heated Rider & Passenger Seats; Heated Grips; Adjustable Passenger Floorboards; 32.7 gallons of Storage.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.5 in. (673 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 864 lb. (392 kg)
- Indian Motorcycle ® Red over Ivory Cream, Willow Green over Ivory Cream